Prerequisite: At least 8GB+ RAM, although 16GB is preferred. 80GB Hard Disk. Cloudera runs on CentOS, which is the community edition of the Linux. Windows system must support 64-bit.
Step 1: Download VirtaulBox for Windows from “https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads”
Step 2: Install the “VirtualBox-5.1.10-112026-Win.exe”.
Install Cloudera for VirtualBox
Step 3: Go to: http://www.cloudera.com/downloads.html
download the “QuickStarts” click on “Download Now”.
Step 4: Extract the downloadeded “cloudera-quickstart-vm-5.8.0-0-virtualbox.zip”. The extracted zip should have the “cloudera-quickstart-vm-5.8.0-0-virtualbox-disk1.vmdk“.
Configure VirtualBox & Cloudera
Step 5: Open the VirtualBox, and create a new VM.
Step 6: Configure the RAM for VirtualBox.
Step 7: Add the Cloudera “cloudera-quickstart-vm-5.8.0-0-virtualbox-disk1.vmdk” that was previously downloaded and extracted.
Step 8: Click on “Settings”, and give more CPU cores if you have and enable “bidirectional” drag/drop feature.
PowerOn the VM “Cloudera-5.8” that you had just added by double clicking on it, and it will take some time to launch.
Step 9: Minimize the browser and Launch Cloudera Express on the Desktop. This requires at least 8 GB of RAM and at least 2 virtual CPUs.
Step 10: It will take some time to start,
and once started, you can login via the browser with http://quickstart.cloudera:7180/cmf/login into the “Cloudera Manager”
Step 11: Make sure that the relevant services are started, and if not start them.
When you “power off” or close the VM, select the “save the machine state” so that it starts quicker next time.
Latest posts by Arulkumaran Kumaraswamipillai (see all)
- 02b. ⏯ Getting started with Java projects & creating jar files video tutorial - May 29, 2017
- 02a. ⏯ Getting started with Java packages video tutorial - May 29, 2017
- 01. ⏯ Setting up Java step by step video tutorial - May 27, 2017
- 06. Setting up GitHub with Eclipse for Maven based Java projects - May 21, 2017
- 05. ♥ Getting started with Eclipse IDE & Maven step by step tutorial - May 21, 2017
Top 13 most visited by members
- ♦ Q11-Q23: Top 50+ Core on Java OOP Interview Questions & Answers 1,228 views
- ♦ 11 Spring boot interview questions & answers 1,192 views
- 02: ♦ 10 Java String class interview questions & answers 915 views
- ♦ 6 Java Modifiers every interviewer seems to like 816 views
- 01: ♦ 15 Ice breaker questions asked 90% of the time in Java interviews 764 views
- 11: 10+ ♦ Java multithreading scenarios interview Q&As 700 views
- 18 Java scenarios based interview Q&As 604 views
- Flyweight pattern and improve memory usage & performance 372 views
- ♦ Q24-Q36: Top 50+ Core on Java classes, interfaces and generics interview questions & answers... 372 views
- 8 JPA interview questions and answers 300 views
- ♦ Java abstract classes Vs interfaces Interview Q&As 287 views
- 001B: ♦ Java architect interview Q&As on high level architectures 273 views
- 03: ♦ What should be a typical Java EE architecture? 249 views