Prerequisite: At least 8GB+ RAM, although 16GB is preferred. 80GB Hard Disk. Cloudera runs on CentOS, which is the community edition of the Linux. Windows system must support 64-bit.
Step 1: Download VirtaulBox for Windows from “https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads”
Step 2: Install the “VirtualBox-5.1.10-112026-Win.exe”.
Install Cloudera for VirtualBox
Step 3: Go to: http://www.cloudera.com/downloads.html
download the “QuickStarts” click on “Download Now”.
Step 4: Extract the downloadeded “cloudera-quickstart-vm-5.8.0-0-virtualbox.zip”. The extracted zip should have the “cloudera-quickstart-vm-5.8.0-0-virtualbox-disk1.vmdk“.
Configure VirtualBox & Cloudera
Step 5: Open the VirtualBox, and create a new VM.
Step 6: Configure the RAM for VirtualBox.
Step 7: Add the Cloudera “cloudera-quickstart-vm-5.8.0-0-virtualbox-disk1.vmdk” that was previously downloaded and extracted.
Step 8: Click on “Settings”, and give more CPU cores if you have and enable “bidirectional” drag/drop feature.
PowerOn the VM “Cloudera-5.8” that you had just added by double clicking on it, and it will take some time to launch.
Step 9: Minimize the browser and Launch Cloudera Express on the Desktop. This requires at least 8 GB of RAM and at least 2 virtual CPUs.
Step 10: It will take some time to start,
and once started, you can login via the browser with http://quickstart.cloudera:7180/cmf/login into the “Cloudera Manager”
Step 11: Make sure that the relevant services are started, and if not start them.
When you “power off” or close the VM, select the “save the machine state” so that it starts quicker next time.
Latest posts by Arulkumaran Kumaraswamipillai (see all)
- 04a: ⏯ Spring MVC RESTful with JPA, Hibernate & MySQL beginner video tutorial - July 23, 2017
- Spring MVC RESTful with JPA, Hibernate & MySQL database beginner step by step - July 23, 2017
- 03a: ▶ JPA with Hibernate & MySQL beginner video tutorial - July 21, 2017
- JPA with Hibernate & MySQL database tutorial step by step - July 20, 2017
- 4 AOP interview Q&As with Spring, Aspectj & Java annotations examples - July 18, 2017
Most visited in last 30 days
- ♦ 11 Spring boot interview questions & answers 1,941 views
- 02: ♦ 10 Java String class interview questions & answers 1,486 views
- 18 Java scenarios based interview Q&As 1,010 views
- 01: ♦ 17 Java Collections interview Q&As on differences between X & Y... 943 views
- ♦ Q11-Q23: Top 50+ Core on Java OOP Interview Questions & Answers 790 views
- ♦ 6 Java Modifiers every interviewer seems to like 742 views