“Edison failed 10, 000 times before he made the electric light. Do not be discouraged if you fail a few times.” — Napoleon Hill
Successful people know that things won’t always go as planned. They also understand that self-doubt, indecision, being over cautious, and procrastination, etc are symptoms of fear that can stall their progress. It is through doing, trying, and experiencing things you never did before that you grow and develop.
Ask the right questions — what did I do wrong? how can I do it differently?, what changes should I make?, what can I do to improve?, what are my strengths and what are my weaknesses?, where can I get help?, What resources do I need?, etc.
Sometimes you tend to learn and experience more from your and others’ failures than successes. For example, I learned about the importance of writing effective resumes and presenting myself more effectively at the job interviews after being unemployed for more than 16 months since completing my master’s degree. I thought I was easily employable due to my post-graduate qualifications. I failed to understand what the prospective employers were looking for. I also more vividly remember my interview failures than successes. I also learned a lot about software development and the importance of good understanding of the key areas like security, performance considerations, scalability, memory considerations, transaction management, etc from others’ and my failures in getting them right or at least being aware of how to detect or identify serious issues that can arise from not understanding these key areas.
If you have not failed means you have not pushed yourself to the next level. Motivate yourself to continuously improve your competencies. I am a strong believer of the following quote from
Relevant Links to Inspire & Inform you
Latest posts by Arulkumaran Kumaraswamipillai (see all)
- 03: Java FP composing functions example – calculate discount - August 18, 2017
- ⏯ Spring boot with Spring MVC, JPA, Hibernate and MySQL video tutorial - August 13, 2017
- Spring boot with Spring MVC, JPA, Hibernate & MySQL tutorial in 10 steps - August 11, 2017
- ⏯ AngularJS 1.x with Spring MVC beginner video tutorial - August 10, 2017
- AngularJS 1.x with Spring MVC RESTful web service beginner tutorial in 14 steps - August 8, 2017
Most visited in last 30 days
- ♦ 11 Spring boot interview questions & answers 2,124 views
- 01: ♦15+ Java multithreading interview questions & answers 1,745 views
- 18 Java scenarios based interview Q&As 1,184 views
- 01: ♦ 17 Java Collections interview Q&As on differences between X & Y... 867 views
- ♦ Q11-Q23: Top 50+ Core on Java OOP Interview Questions & Answers 660 views
- 01: ♦ 15 Ice breaker questions asked 90% of the time in Java interviews 556 views