“Edison failed 10, 000 times before he made the electric light. Do not be discouraged if you fail a few times.” — Napoleon Hill
Successful people know that things won’t always go as planned. They also understand that self-doubt, indecision, being over cautious, and procrastination, etc are symptoms of fear that can stall their progress. It is through doing, trying, and experiencing things you never did before that you grow and develop.
Ask the right questions — what did I do wrong? how can I do it differently?, what changes should I make?, what can I do to improve?, what are my strengths and what are my weaknesses?, where can I get help?, What resources do I need?, etc.
Sometimes you tend to learn and experience more from your and others’ failures than successes. For example, I learned about the importance of writing effective resumes and presenting myself more effectively at the job interviews after being unemployed for more than 16 months since completing my master’s degree. I thought I was easily employable due to my post-graduate qualifications. I failed to understand what the prospective employers were looking for. I also more vividly remember my interview failures than successes. I also learned a lot about software development and the importance of good understanding of the key areas like security, performance considerations, scalability, memory considerations, transaction management, etc from others’ and my failures in getting them right or at least being aware of how to detect or identify serious issues that can arise from not understanding these key areas.
Relevant Links to Inspire & Inform you
Top 10 Member Last 30 days
- ♦ Q11-Q23: Top 50+ Core on Java OOP Interview Questions … 1,526 views
- ♦ 11 Spring boot interview questions & answers 1,462 views
- 01b: ♦ 15+ Hibernate interview Q&As Q8 – Q15 1,181 views
- 01: ♦ 15 Ice breaker questions asked 90% of the time in Java… 925 views
- 02: ♦ 10 Java String class interview questions & answer… 902 views
- ♦ 6 Java Modifiers every interviewer seems to like 756 views
- 18 Java scenarios based interview Questions and Answers 712 views
- 11: 10+ ♦ Java multithreading scenarios interview Q&As… 580 views
- 8 JPA interview questions and answers 507 views
- 12: ♦ 5 Java multithreading scenarios interview questions an… 449 views
Latest posts by Arulkumaran Kumaraswamipillai (see all)
- 08: Spark writing RDDs to multiple text files & HAR to solve small files issue - April 27, 2017
- 09: What is wrong with this code? HashMap & Race condition - April 26, 2017
- 10: What is wrong with this code? ConcurrentHashMap & Atomic operations - April 22, 2017
- 08: ♦ 7 basic Java Executor framework Interview Q&As with Future & CompletableFuture - April 9, 2017
- 02: ♥♦ What is wrong with this code? Heap Vs Stack, Thread safety & Synchronized - April 7, 2017